The aforementioned post will be posted here, hopefully within the week. School starts this week, but I'm really going to try to make time to blog between that and work. At least I've already started it, so that will save me time.
Speaking of school, I don't know how I'm going to make ends meet this semester. I think I might have to get another credit card. I'm already up to my ears in debt with another credit card and student loans, so that's really not the route I want to go.
I still haven't bought books or my parking permit and right now I can barely afford groceries. My parents are helping me, thank goodness, but they've got their own financial problems. Jamba Juice doesn't pay nearly as much as the after-school program did. My boss told the franchise owners that I deserve a raise, but the pay increase won't take effect until February. Even when it does, I'll be earning $0.25 above minimum wage and I only get about 15-25 hours a week there anyway.
Another possibility is that I look around and see if there are any preschools around here looking for part-time aides and cut back my hours at Jamba Juice. Because I have a lot of previous experience in that field, I usually qualify for a higher starting wage. I don't know how good two jobs and 14 units is for a person's sanity though. My dad would be pissed. He didn't even want me to take the Jamba job.
Haha, I wish I could find this one picture of me back in high school. I was with some bandies during a woodwinds sectional the morning after a football game. We found a bunch of expired hamburger and hot dog buns still in their packages in the trashcan outside of the snack shack. Somebody dared me and this flute player to eat some. They were packaged, free of mold, and I was getting hungry. A picture was eventually taken and a sax player added the caption: "Where will our budget crisis take us next?" =P
Life is strange... we are never happy
10 years ago

This has been a hard year for everyone looking for a job. You might consider temp work? I don't know what your schedule looks like, but the pay is decent, at least more than minimum wage.
ReplyDeleteAnd as someone who's been there (and actually, is still totally there) I wish you good luck. I suddenly understand my parents' stress over finances like I hadn't before I became, you know, an adult.
I hope you'll find someplace that pays you well and appreciates what you do soon.